Adverse Weather Information
ADVERSE WEATHER INFORMATION
Severe Snow/Ice Plan for Parents & Carers
Every winter brings the possibility of snow and ice. Extreme bad weather can cause widespread and prolonged disruption. Schools are often affected and it can be difficult to maintain an education service. As a fundamental principle every effort must be made to keep schools open, even if only limited numbers of pupils can attend. However, schools may close due to ‘unavoidable’ circumstances. Those circumstances being that it is no longer safe for staff or pupils to be onsite.
We recognise that it is important our school remains open so parents & carers are able to work and pupils can continue to learn. Wayfield Primary School will make every effort to prepare for severe snow/ice this winter by gritting pathways and clearing access points.
How will we let you know if the school is closed?
If we do experience severe snow/ice resulting in hazardous conditions, we may have to take the decision to close the School. Once this decision has been made we will notify parents via Twitter (@wayfieldprimary), Facebook (@wayfieldprimary) and an email message.
What can you do to help?
- Visit the School website (key information) for the latest information.
- Visit Facebook and Twitter for latest information.
- Please visit www.kent.gov.uk/winter for more information about gritting routes and travel issues around Kent so you can plan your journey.
- Please approach the School from the main entrance.
- Don’t forget suitable warm clothing – gloves, hats, scarves, wellies etc. or even a change of clothing.
- If you are a working parent or feel you may have a problem with a sudden earlier pick up, please could you put a back‐up plan in place with another family member or parent and inform the school. This will allow staff to leave earlier for their safety if weather dictates.